In 1886, D.L. Moody and Ira Sankey came to Chattanooga and conducted a series of meetings that affected the whole city spiritually. From that revival, a group formed and started a church on Woodland Ave at Kent St. Later, the church would move to the corner of Abernathy St. and Woodland Ave.
Revival in Chattanooga
How We Began
In 1926, Pastor Roland W. Selman, led the church to separate into two congregations to reach a larger number of people. this lead to the formation of what is now First Calvary Baptist Church on Bell Ave and Northside Community Church on 819 Mississippi Ave.
Over The Years
The church experienced significant growth and accomplishment during its first forty years, building a multi-million dollar church plant and seeing attendance on Sunday mornings grow to more than six hundred people. There have been a large number of great and positive moments and events over the years but the church also weathered its share of storms and difficulties along the way.
The Church Today
Today, the church is a small but growing fellowship of believers effectively connecting with its community with a goal of seeing spiritual transformation take place.